I love desserts! Cut that piece a little bigger, throw me a second for sure!! I just cannot ever seem to get enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. But, when summer comes around I love the fresh, natural sugars that come from fruit found all throughout our groceries. It seems we have been hitting up the summer dinner party line-up the past few weekends and I have found a new favorite dish to bring with us – AND IT’S EASY (like really really really easy).
Summer Fruit Kabobs
What you will need:
- Assorted fruit… I like the bright colors of green grapes and red strawberries
- Wooden or plastic skewers
- Mason jar
What you will do:
- Clean the mason jar
- Clean and cut fruit
- Place fruit on the top half of the skewer
- Add skewers to mason jar; for a more full look, add at least 12 skewers to the jar
These have accompanied us to a few parties and they were a hit each time! Who doesn’t love fresh fruit, and skewer presentation makes it look like you spent a lot of time prepping when in reality it is easy-peasy!
I also usually bring my favorite fruit dip alongside. It involves throwing three easy ingredients (yes, I said three) in a bowl and mixing… recipe below!
Fruit Dip Recipe
What you need:
- 8 ounces of whipped topping (I usually use low-fat)
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt (again, I usually use low-fat)
- 3 ounce package of instant white chocolate pudding
What you do:
- Combine whipped topping and vanilla yogurt and mix well.
- Add pudding to mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.
Check out this picture of the party these were found at this past weekend.
And, in case you missed it:
- I had my one-year blogiversary last week… who can believe it is has been one year?
- Thanks for handing in there for a week, but I finally finished our vacation picture recap last week with this post.
- And, Miss Maddie Girl turned 3 months… I know, it can’t be true?!