One day (very, very soon) I will pick up this blog again and start to find my creative outlet again, but until then I am busy unpacking and decorating in our new house, oh and you know the normal every day routine of keeping two under two alive and well.
I do love this blog, though, as it really has become my personal (and public) journal of our family’s adventures and trials and every day happenings. So, a quick update on our life so that I do not miss these couple of months while life is busy, but still very exciting in the Stevens’ household.
- First, can we talk about how B-I-G my children are getting?! Tate will be two next week (I am still in complete shock!) and Maddie is crawling, pushing herself up to sitting position and pulling herself up onto things. She will be 6 months in a couple of weeks! Some days I wish time would stop and my babies would stay babies forever.
- Geoff and I celebrated 5 years of marriage the beginning of this month. Every year we visit the the temple we were married in to remember our special day and the covenants we made to each other. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate another year down and an eternity to go! I love falling more and more in love with this man every day.
- Though a lot more time is spent indoors unpacking and getting things situated, we still live at the parks! We even stumbled upon Meet the Trucks Day one day.
- We have already had our first weekend visitors (though, they really don’t count as visitors!).
- I continue to hate decorating, interior designing, remodeling or anything of the sorts! I am not good at it. I do not have “an eye” for it. I do not know what color palates really mean or how they go together or mix and match (maybe they shouldn’t mix and match?! I really have no idea). I have recruited the help of some friends in this area, but my indecisive personality still makes it difficult. Maybe this is why I went with an all-white bedroom (and the guest room is leaning towards the same thing) because I couldn’t decide on colors or even an accent color. I know which rooms are off-limits to the children!
- Before we moved Maddie did not have a specific sleep schedule as she was still in our bedroom sleeping (too little room in our condo – horrible idea!). Since moving, a strict sleep schedule is being enforced. Some days are better than others. We are getting there…
- Our new favorite activity to do is to “zoom” cars down the driveway (don’t worry, they stop at the sidewalk and not in the road. I try to be a responsible parent, sometimes.
Life still continues at our household, even if this blog has heard a bit of radio silence lately. I promise to return shortly, if there are any of you still out there.