Fall has officially arrived here and I am loving it!! Something about warm sweaters, hot drinks, roasting marshmallows cuddle around a fire and my birthday that has me so excited for this time of year. I am never ready for winter to come, but Fall, I always welcome it with open arms.
Now that Maddie is getting older and we have found a fantastic babysitter to watch both kids we have been finding ourselves getting out a lot more these days. I love my kids and spending time with them, but there is nothing like spending a night alone with the one I love by my side (I wrote about that a little while ago here). I love exploring this fun city we live in with Geoff, doing fun and simple things, catching the latest release at the theater, talking over a fancy dinner or doing something completely new together. As long as this man is by my side, I am happy!
When the weekends finally roll around, I find myself making endless “to-do lists” for Geoff and I and sometimes forget to make time for us. Not all of these date ideas require us to leave the house, but all will help us make time to cherish one another and strengthen our relationship. Goal… complete and enjoy all dates by Thanksgiving!
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Go to a Farmer’s Market and pick up ingredients for a new recipe
- Pick apples and make caramel apples
- Visit the zoo
- Bring a pizza to a park and throw the Frisbee or football
- Cuddle together on the back porch, make sure to bring a cozy blanket*
- Star gaze with a big cup of hot chocolate (to share!)*
- Enjoy a last picnic together*
- Go on a hay ride
- Play in the leaves*
- Go listen to some local live music
- Movie night in with popcorn and your favorite candy*
- Go get your last scoop of ice cream from the local, seasonal ice cream shop
- Carve pumpkins*
- Make Halloween sugar cookies and deliver to neighbors*
*dates that can be completed at home
What are some date ideas you and your special someone do together?